The City of Webster City’s City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and performs a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative work in the administration of the City Government.
These activities include:
• Maintains and provides safekeeping of all Official City documents and records.
• Maintenance of the City Code, publishing, maintaining and certifying all City Council Minutes and official
actions of the City Council such as Ordinances, Resolutions and Motions.
• Attends and records meeting minutes for City Council Meetings. Signs and distributes all documents
appropriately following Council Meetings and records documents when necessary.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to elected and appointed officials and City Department
• Management of the Accounts Payable process, verifies the Purchasing Policy is being followed. Issues Tax Exemption
Forms for Contractors and Vendors.
• Acts as the City’s notary public and maintains the safekeeping of the City Seal, accepts legal papers served on the City.
• Publishes a variety of public documents such as public notices and responds to public records requests.
• Reviews Agenda and assists with distribution of agendas, scheduling meetings and preparation of meetings for City Council.
• Issues various licenses and permits for the City such as Liquor/Beer, Tobacco, Tree Surgeon, Transient Merchant licenses
and Parade and Fireworks Permits.
• Completes and files various State Reports for the City on quarterly or annual basis, including Use Tax, Motor Vehicle Tax
Refund, Unclaimed Property Report and Perpetual Care Cemetery Report.
• Serves as a liaison for elections and coordinates City Elections with the County Auditor.
• Maintains and files all communications and petitions directed to the City of Webster City.
• Serves as Secretary on the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
• Provides assistance to Financial Services Office as requested.